From:
"Swayze, Jim {PBSG}" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:25:55 -0600
Jean-Claude,

I feel no animosity toward folks who want to do everything they can to avoid
war.  It's an honorable objective.  But at some point you've got to enforce
the lawful collective will of the civilized world.  Saddam Hussein has
extended his middle finger to us all for too, too long.  If there was a
peaceful way to get him (and his many, many henchmen) to relinquish power
and the pursuit of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons -- weapons you
know and I know he would not hesitate one fraction of a second to use on
you, me, the Kurds, or his own people if it furthered his cause.  I think
it's pretty clear that the only way out for the man is in a body bag.  There
is no other way.

Jim