From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:47:24 +0000
My mum just said something really strange.

I pointed out that we've still got a block of beef dripping in the
fridge because I thought we were running low.  I said that fat is
convenient to store in the fridge because you get a lot of energy in
very little volume of food.  Then she said...

"What happens to it- is it burnt off?"

Then I stopped for a minute and wondered... do ordinary (ie high-carb/
low-fat whatever-the-government-tells-me-to-eat-is-right) people
actually realise that fat is a fuel for day-to-day energy?

I hoped she might have a grasp of this seeing as she is on the Atkins
diet (although judging by her recent rate of pie consumption I think
she's on a break from it).  But apparently not.

I will have to check exactly what she meant by the question.  If she
was asking what I think she was asking, that is truly frightening.

Ashley