From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:28:49 -0700
> Ginny, where are you at on this one, honey??? I, too, have had a
> brown recluse bite years ago and almost lost my arm.

Actually, Bren, I haven't made any comments on this list about my study
and practice of homeopathy. Although there certainly have been
occasions where I wanted to offer that perspective, there are a few
chronic skeptics here, and I don't feel like arguing.

Yes, I would have homeopathic remedies for this, and would definitely
advise the friend to seek homeopathy. But this was an emergency, and
unless there were an incisive intervention, there would be no time to
become acquainted with homeopathic practice. I could have named
remedies, but then I would have had to explain how to choose and use
them, etc.

I do believe that one's general health makes a huge difference in the
body's response to the toxins, and that alongside homeopathic efforts I
would use a ton of Alpha Lipoic Acid (or milk thistle), which really
helps the liver clean out the poisons, plus the Vit C and bioflavonoids.

so that's where I'm at...

ginny

Well, rats, sweetie, I didn't mean to "out" you, lol.  I just assumed a group like this would have open minds.  While I am still pretty far from a paleolithic diet, at least I'm here gathering information.  Others should do the same, no???    And I agree with you, it varies from person to person as far as immunity goes.  While, as I said, I don't yet follow the P. diet, I have always eaten "against the norm", so to speak, and my recluse bite symptoms took over a week to come to the point of emergency, unlike most, who have these within hours.  And I totally understand "where you're at", darlin', believe me.

Love,

Bren, who mostly doesn't like to argue, either  :)