Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:41:51 -0500
From: "Paul Getty" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: Weight Gain; Was: How Fat Are the Natives?

When I was eating higher carbs, if I took away restriction I would gain 20
to 30 pounds quickly, and continue to gain after that.  It wouldn't be
binging, just eating an awful lot because I was always hungry.
I don't think removing restriction is all that great for some.

Always hungry because high carbs are yucky, not giving the body what it
really needs, and are very, very addictive!  When I first started this diet,
I was completely nasty and grumpy for two whole days--withdrawal symptoms!

I have to agree with Sheryl on the removing of restrictions for Michael.
For his height and for as much as he weighs, he should be eating a lot more
each day (especially for a guy).  Training your body to live on that little
amount of calories cannot be healthy.  Didn't the old rule used to be 13
calories a day for every pound of body weight you want to maintain?  At 226
lbs. he would have to eat almost 3000 calories a day just to maintain!!!

I am very interested in hearing more about your cross between paleo and low
carb.  I have trouble staying completely paleo because I find it too limited
in variety.  Could you post what you usually eat?

Katrina