From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 02:09:30 -0700
>I'm seriously considering impregnating someone.  (Yes, someone
>specific.)  I've just started eating paleo and am very happy with it
>myself.  The prospective mother, however, is a vegan.

that is not an easy one !. necessarely ,you will have to find a common
ground  between you too .
You can't change somebody else !.forget it for good ( unless you want
learn it the hard way.)

but you can start with your own personnal inquiry of your feelings
,emotions
and thoughts   and express them as they are . Tell right away your
concerns
the ones you  have and the ones you can foresee .
And listen hers .
If you know deply inside that you are on the right track they will be
no
struggle.
you will have the best chance to communicate your faith .
If both of  you,  are not so sure of your choices , keep it that way,
open
minded , you don't know ! so you both  just want your child to get the
best
chances ( maybe even let the child decide by presenting to the mom a
wide
variety of foods chosen blind fold ) the instinctive appeal and
repulsion
of a pregnant woman are very strong .

If both of you are stubborn, better to know it before end by putting
the
dilemma on the table now.

Good luck it is a life long journey.
by the way a good tool to sort out what is yours from  what is not and
how
to communicate check this www.cnvc.org the book:" Non violent
communication,
a language of compassion " by Marshall B. Rosenberg  is excellent

jean-claude

.