Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:38:37 -0700
william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Not sure that the rules are broken.
Years back on this list, Amadeus engaged in a fierce debate with Andrew
about the use of tubers vs fat.
Tubers could have been paleo, there are good reasons not to eat them,
but this doesn't explain the craving. Need ideas as to why.

William
  I miss those two personalities on this list. Amadeus being a gentle sort and Andrew with his aggressiveness.  Both were an asset.

  I think the debate also centered around the nightshade family issue.  Yams are from the morning glory and don't give me joint pain as do the other nightshade members.  I go with my reaction to a particular food. Yams also require fat to allow the availability of the vitamin A.  Oliva

"The human mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
  Oliver W.Holmes