From:
Dan Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:33:32 -0400
On 8/19/05, Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

The biggest result for me so far has been the almost complete eradication
of cravings. That has kept me on track made any weightloss possible. As
for actual numbers, weight-wise, I'm down from 301 to 265.Started April-ish
with a South Beach/Atkins style diet. Switched to a more paleo style diet,
(no beans, severely limiting my dairy, salt, etc.) beginning of July at
around
280. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity (i.e. foresight,
motivation)
to have a baseline blood test done to track other indicators. I'm planning
on
a better-late-than-never visit in the next week.

For some history, I've been yoyo dieting since 2000. Started with Atkins and
did very well, but it was not sustainable. I was just never able to
completely
beat back my cravings. Growing up, there was bread and sweet tea at every
meal. When my wife joined the fray, she was amazed by the shear volume of
sweets that my family could put away at any one time. And, looking back, so
am I. With carb reduction/elimination diets, I have no problem losing weight
and, in fact, do very well until I fall off the wagon. And, oh boy, do I hit
the
ground running.

So far, this WOL is feeling the most sustainable to date. And, to hear folks
speak of years on the diet rather than the SB/Atkins month on the diet
helps.

So, that was the short version. ;-)

The microscopic version: I'm losing fat well, feeling good, and have no
desire to
cheat. Solid bottom-line results for me no matter what the scale ultimately
reads.

-dan