From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:33:39 GMT
I can't recall what she
said about women who craved laundry soap................ some kind of
deficiency of some sort.  The body must know what it needs and starts
crave it.

Iron. If a pregnant woman craves ice, that too is an iron deficiency
sign.
When I was 8 months pregnant one August and eating 8 trays of mini ice
cubes
a day, and told my CNM that I thought I was iron deficient for that
reason,
she said "You're probably just hot." Well, I didn't have enough
strength for
the birth and after a futile, 2-day long natural labor, had a
C-section
during which I bled a lot and became anemic.
So if someone-especially a pregnant woman is craving wierd things, it
must
be taken very seriously. The body does indeed know what it needs, even
if
the (my) midwife is too stupid to realize it.
Stacie