From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:13:52 EDT
Amazingly enough, when I switched to low carb after a lifetime of very
high
carb, I did not experience any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.  I felt
fabulous from day one.

I attribute most of that to the information I had about mineral loss
during
the switch-over period.  I supplemented sodium, calcium, magnesium and
potassium.  Many people who don't do this wind up sick.  One man I
spoke with
had bouts of arrhythmia during Atkins induction, and his doc put him
on a
heart monitor and heart meds.  I told him about potassium loss and he
just
cyber-nodded and said his doc knew what he was doing.  A week later he
still
hadn't supplemented any potassium and was still on meds.  I haven't
seen him
online since, and I assume he quit low-carbing.  Quite sad.

Denise

In a message dated 9/15/00 5:07:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,