From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:25:42 +0900
On Monday, October 4, 2004, at 01:41 PM, Normal Eating wrote:

> So what's the answer? How did paleolithic people get good bugs into
> their
> gut? What is the food source?

Mainly by sharing food from their parents' mouths, from
filth-contaminated food, from eating with their fingers etc etc.

The main difference is that they never used antibiotics, so they never
killed off their natural gut flora.

By the way, my daughter is currently getting her gut flora decimated
right now, sitting in the hospital with a tube of antibiotics running
into her arm. Appendicitis! Caught it early, when I pressed her tummy
and she said the lower right side hurt. So we rushed her in and the Doc
confirmed with a blood test. Exciting last few days in our house. She
is happy tonight, they let her eat for the first time in two days.