From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:59:21 +0930
Ben,

>Has anyone found a map of the Ice age world that shows the low seas and Ice
>bridges? I was sent one but it's just the modern world with the Ice Age
>temperature chart- I'd rather see the low seas and ice painted in to see how
>it helped migration.(eg Indonesis was nearly confluent with south east asia
>and New Guinea.

If you can get hold of 'Quaternary Environments' by Williams,
Dunkerley, De
Deckker, Kershaw & Stokes (Edward Arnold, London, 1993), chs. 3 and 4
contain some maps that you may find useful.

The authors are Australian (and it's used as a textbook here), so I
imagine
that you should be able to find it in your neck of the woods. It's
fairly
technical, so would be more likely in a Uni library or bookshop than
in the
wider world.

Barbara