From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:00:31 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:51:15 -0600, Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Oil is not Paleo.  It is processed and concentrated.

Okay, this is a point that I still haven't seen clarified by anyone (such as
Ray, Loren, Don, Todd, or anyone else who thinks they understand the theory).

It has been mentioned that a Paleo Diet could only be eaten either in the
Paleolithic times, or in recent times since refrigeration, etc.

Also, in Neanderthin, Ray says that it is okay to cook meat, eggs, etc. because
in modern times one might contract salmonella, e. coli, etc. otherwise.

SO, the question is:  where does one draw the line on this use of technology.

One example is olive oil.   I've been told that squeezing a ripe oil on the
right day will give you oil running off it.

Another example is sugar cane, which is quite edible raw.   How much can be done
to paleo sugar cane, before it becomes Evil Sugar? :-)   I've seen "dried sugar
cane juice" sold in health foods stores as a granulated powder - it seems
relatively "paleo" to me, yet it also seems not so far from white sugar.

--
Thanks,

Ken                       <*>