From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:14:19 EST
I found a box of instant "fufu" FINALLY in  a Chinese grocery store.  The box
says it is the dehydrated flour of elephants ear  tubers (cocoyam)  mixed
with  cassava root.  It is pure white, and when mixed with boiling water and
kneaded, produces a thick starchy porridge which is a pearly gray color.  The
box has a picture of an African woman with a baby on her back pounding
something with a long stick (probably the flour!).

I've been experimenting with it, and frying the cooled porridge in coconut
oil to make yam cakes.  They are a nice addition to stews and as a side dish
to meat.  I certainly don't feel full or bloated after eating them, as I
would with potato or grain.

Does Cordain include these tubers/roots in his list of paleo friendly foods?

Has anyone on this list tried this?

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl <[log in to unmask]>