From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:54:10 -0800
> I thought that his was more of an anabolic diet,
> with
> high fat/protein and very low carb for 5 days and
> then high
> carb for 2 days.
> Or was this a "maintenance phase" and then low carb
> to cut up?

The BodyOpus diet is a cyclical ketogenic diet. But,
in the book he also offers "his" version of the Zone
diet, which he calls the "IsoCaloric diet". Here's a
synopsis from a low carb FAQ:

"BodyOpus refers to a CKD described in some detail in
a book by Dan Duchaine. It contains his
recommendations on the diet, supplement and exercise
suggestions and a good amount of detail on the
mechanics of the diet and exercise programs. It was
the introduction to many of the posters on the list to
the CKD. While some of the supplementation and carb up
recommendations have been refined since the book's
publication, it remains the most detailed book (to
date) on the CKD. The book also contains information
on "standard" dieting and the IsoCaloric diet. The
book is not generally available in bookstores, but
....... (sales hype)"

and:

"Also known as the IsoMetric Diet. This is a diet plan
espoused by Dan Duchaine and described in his book
"BodyOpus". Basically it suggests splitting caloric
requirements equally among protein, carbohydrates and
fat. There is an emphasis on low glycemic carbs"