From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:18:48 +0900
On Friday, Jun 25, 2004, at 01:17 Asia/Tokyo, Eva Hedin wrote:

> I have never been able to picture people as gathering tiny seeds for
> direct
> consumption. If it was worth the work more people would do it still.
> Picking

Not really. Just pick the whole seed head and put it in a bag. When the
bag is full you beat it with a stick to make the seeds drop loose from
the chaff. The seeds all collect at the bottom. Pretty easy really. I
suspect the reason we don't is that it is simply even easier with
bigger seeded grains like wheat.