From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 02:28:08 -0500
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:16:22 -0800, Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>From: Amadeus .
>>> Thinking historically, it looks that the human animal like any primate
>>>and
>>> most mammals *is* designed to live heavily on carbohydrates for energy.

Mary:
>Read Atkins book and see how many thousands of people have recovered from
>all sorts of disorders on a meat based diet.

I've to acknowledge this. And I attribute this to the fact that quite many
people are more or less allergic to wheat protein (most on gluten).
Switching to meat is the simplest way to get rid of wheat proteins.
Switching to fat is the simplest way to get rid of extracted carbohydrates
which i consider like poison and responsible for many disorders too.

What i wrote betrays carbohydrates.
They are quite frequent in nature and impossible to doubt as a true adapted
paleolithic -or better all time- energy resource. This is my statement.
There are fine paleo-style carbohydrates even in a extremistic upper
paleolithicum tundra nutrition like neanderthin.

What has to be underlined is paleo style for carbohydrate.
Most food items considered "carbohydrate" today are not really carbohydrate
sources in my definition. A cup of sugar is impossible to metabolize without
the appropiate natural coenzyms. In this way sugar is a carbohydrate only
chemically spoken but unavailable as a energy source for the body.

It's mechanistic thinking to think that those tiny amounts of vitamins can
be "easily" added by some chemical "supplements" and synthetic thiamin is so
cheap. They are not in nature and probably not complete with pills.
Most carbohydrate source have exactely the coenzyme amount which is
necessary to metabolize them and not much more.
Heating, storing and cooking in water destores most of it.

Thinking without chemistry - "paleo"-thinking - should teach how to deal
with carbon fuel properly.

Anyone with a full scale carbohydrate disorder ("diabetic") may no longer be
able to handle even natural food properly. Others with only slighter
symptoms would IMO benefit greatly by natural eating.

regards, Amadeus