From:
Adam Sroka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:22:48 -0800
William wrote:
> We were smarter then, so the assumption is, IMHO, warranted.
>
> William

Bullshit.

The problem with modern science is the arrogant idea that a little
empirical evidence trumps millions of years of trial and error. To me,
Paleo is like when my Mother told me to do something and I asked her
why, and she didn't have an answer. So, I assumed she was wrong, then
later on I found out she was right.

Tradition comes from somewhere. It is arrogant to assume that tradition
is wrong based on little or no evidence. But it is just as arrogant to
assume that science is always wrong, or that older traditions are more
valuable than the newer ones. Paleo science didn't get us to the moon.
On the other hand, I am almost certain that the scientific method
originated in the Paleolithic mind.

The assumption of evolutionary medicine/Paleo is that we evolved from
our origins and that our "modern world" has not existed long enough for
us to evolve much beyond them. Doesn't this principle suggest that we
are no smarter, nor less smart, than our ancestors?