From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:05:19 EST
Thanks so much for responding -- your thoughts are very helpful.  I am a bit
confused though regarding how consuming saturated fat can increase
cholesteral levels -- I thought that low carb advocates say the exact
opposite.  Could it be that some individuals are more "sensitive" to dietary
saturated fat??  Also, why are high HDL levels are supposed to be "desirable"
when they can also be a symptom of hypothyroid?  I am going to give the
Cordain Paleo Diet version a few weeks, but if I continue to gain, I'll go
back to ultra-low carb so I can lose weight .  It is very discouraging to
think that the only diet that has allowed me to lose weight (ultra low-carb)
also makes me constipated and tired at the gym.  For some reason, meat, fish,
poutltry and lots of veggies just do not get my bowels moving the same way
fruit does.  I don't want to spend my life having to rely on herbal laxative
remedies.  Any other women out there following the Cordain version with
success?  And if so, could you tell us a typical daily diet?