From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:23:44 -0600
>...so many doctors are clueless about which tests
>to order to diagnose a thyroid condition.  Many rely
>only on a TSH test!

Girlfriend, I feel like I've just struck gold!  Thank you to the hundrenth
degree for this message.

When this is all through, I'll post a full update but let me say right now,
dear list members, I'm ready to kick some medical ass.  You would not
BELIEVE the sh*t I've had to put up with!  If I posted this already, please
forgive me, but here's what one doctor said in response to my request for
tests on my free t3, CRP and homocystiene levels:

"Ms. Zook, we're not required medically, legally or ethically to give you
treatment or blood tests simply because you ask."

That stupid son of a bitch (if you'll pardon my French).  How he said it was
even more disgusting than what he said.  He treated me like a common
criminal.  I think I have the right to know what's going on inside my own
&%$# body.  And the line above came after I offered to pay out of pocket!

At any rate, this whole process has become rediculous and the resident I'm
dealing with hadn't even HEARD of free t3.  My right foot (the kicker) got
SO itchy upon hearing that doozy.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO