Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 14:22:57 -0800
Earlier in the month John Pavao was concerned about a long hiatus in
which he was not losing weight, although he could & would not go back to
the old way of eating.
   I want to encourage him and others who are facing the same dilemma.
I'm facing the same thing right now, but I still have to look up &
forward.
   December 22 marked the 1st anniversary of my son's and my taking the
NeanderTHIN approach.  Here are a few statistics concerning my being on
the regimen:
        Chest loss in inches (1996-97)  4.75
        Waist "   "   "   "   "   "  "  4.50
        Hips  "   "   "   "   "   "  "  4.25
        Upper Arm, Right  "   "   "  "  2.50
        Upper Arm, Left   "   "   "  "  2.50
        Thigh, Right  "   "   "   "  "  5.50
        Thigh, Left   "   "   "   "  "  4.00
        Neck  "   "   "   "   "   "  "  1.75
   In 1996 my arm was too thick to take a blood pressure reading in the
grocery store.  In 1997, I now can get some sort of reading, although
the 3 places I go to all have different readings.
   In 1996 I was walking an average of 6.7 miles a week;  now it's
closer to 8.65.  In 1996 it was an average of 20.6959 minutes/mile;  now
it's 19.6153 m/m (& I've even gone below 18 m/m on a couple of days).
   Weight loss is somewhere between 12 & 15 pounds for the year.
Considering my age (55) & my postmenopausal condition, I don't want to
lose too fast to give the skin half a chance to rebound better (i.e.,
with fewer wrinkles than usual).
   The NeanderTHIN regimen is _not_ merely a preventive approach.  I
lost my teeth to deterioration of the bone holding the teeth in place.
I won't get my bones & teeth back, but I feel that the deterioration of
other bones in my body has slowed down very greatly and may have even
stopped.  I have noticed that the weight loss comes in spurts.  The time
the weight loss seems to have stopped or been put on hold is when I feel
that the body is going through a reparative/recuperative phase;  inches
still drop even though the weight does not.
   Due to how long I have been on a bad diet, I do take supplements,
especially a 4-strain acidophilus and yeast fighters.  These supplements
helped me "breeze" through the recent bronchial/flu stuff going around.
   I hope this will be of encouragement to some of you.
   By the way, have you noticed how grainy & stringy avocadoes have
become since irradiation is the norm (as well as the black spot on the
root side of the seed)?  You can't even produce an avocado plant with
the seeds now.  I've tried at least 2 times to do so.  All irradiation
does is encourage people to stuff slowed-down-rotting stuff in their
stomachs to allay hunger.  It has nothing to do with nutrition.

Mary Anne Unger
(See you at the Snowman Shuffle on January 10 - in Dallas)