From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 01:00:47 -0400
Hi all,

I noticed the recent discussions around elk & deer heads.  The other
day I
was offered a moose head.  It's huge of course, and is not skinned or
cleaned yet.  It's hanging in a meat fridge right now.  A butcher is
supposed to come in and cut it up.  I'm not sure he has experience
with
moose heads.  I sure as heck haven't.  Can anyone offer me some
helpful
suggestions I can pass onto him, as to how it should be cut up??  I'd
also
welcome any helpful tips on how to cook the thing.  I love moose head
but
I've never prepared it myself.

I"m also a little concerned because it's been hanging in the fridge
for a
week, and I wonder if the brain, or even the whole head, could go
rancid.

Cheyenne