From:
Kathleen Theisen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:25:21 -0400
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it's possible to raise an HDL level?  I have a
friend, 41 year old male, who is in perfect health (155 lbs, 5'10"
tall, does yoga daily) with great blood test results. He eats very
healthy and his total cholesterol is 170, but HDl is only 32.  His
doctor said he should take lipitor to change the ratio of LDL to HDL,
but told him there's no way to raise HDL.   I am a 90% paleo eater, so
I don't agree with that theory.  there must be a way.  He has been told
that HDL is totally genetic (and his father died of a heart attack at
age 51).  Any thoughts?

Kathleen