From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2009 16:10:41 -0700
My experience is that kicking myself for less than optimal food choices is not only futile, it is apt to lead to further junk food binges - or perhaps worse, binging on food which is healthy in small quantities but not when measured in pounds.

What I ate an hour ago is water under the bridge, but I can make a better choice now, and an hour from now.  When you fall off the wagon, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, make a mental note of how you feel and why, and then go on from there.

I also like the Drs. Eades' description of hunger-gatherers happening upon a honey tree - the trick is to make it a rare occasion, not a daily occurrence.  And if you are going to overindulge, make sure it's worth it.

Andrea