From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 23:20:18 -0700
I've enjoyed and benefited from the conversations here for over a year, and personally have found that morphing into a Paleo nutrition plan, from vegetarian, has improved my health substantially.  Many thanks for all the insights I glean via this email blog!!  I enjoy reading the research, offered by the best of the Paleo peeps here...
Per a posting here, I've supplemented my nutrition with drops of Potassium Iodide, and have gradually worked up to 8 drops daily, in a (vain) attempt to remedy my thyroid condition.  I've been 'diagnosed' with Graves, and Hashimotos, and been told that I will be on thyroid meds for the rest of my life, and will probably need to have the dosage increased as I age.  Currently that amounts to 150 mcg. Levothyroxin, and I've been 'stable' for about a year.  My big hope was that the potassium iodide would have alleviated my condition, but it's had no apparent effect, so far..
Concurrent, but just tangential to that concern...a nutrition question...  I love eating NW farmed Mussels once a week, and that's a weekly luxury.  I am concerned, however, re. radiation and the Fukushima fallout traveled to the Pacific Coast, where these mussels are farmed.  I'm told they are raised in concrete pens and that therefore there is no concern....but since I find barnacles on some of the shells....it makes me wonder..
Appreciatively,Diane Heath