From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:30:49 -0700
Peter:
 >>Because of the intellectual dishonesty of your omitting an important
 >>category of paleo foods while being on a paleo list and claiming to
 >>be trying to emulate a paleo diet.

Siobhan:
 >It is as ridiculous to assume that every human being is meant to eat
 >exactly the same way as it is to assume that any one religion is the only
 >true religion.

I am not sure what you mean by "meant to be".  We are certainly not
discussing here our rights to choose our own spiritual or dietary path.
Furthermore, animal foods are by definition essential components of a
paleo diet and I cannot imagine why reiterating this fact on a paleo list
would be so controversial. ;-)

Siobhan:
 >I suppose we can say the same thing about anyone who eats anything
 >except game for meat, but we don't.

If we were talking about not living up to some obsessive and idiosyncratic
pet peeve of mine, I would agree.

Siobhan:
 >We don't do this because it would require
 >examining our own shortfalls in emulating a paleo diet.

So, I am picking on Amadeus because that I am in denial of
my own paleo shortcomings. ;-)

Siobhan:
 >It is much more comfortable to focus on another than ourselves.

You mean I am failing to live up my own high paleo standards and
by getting on Amadeus's case I am conveniently distracted from my
own painful imperfections? ;-)    That could very well be the case
but it will never change the fact that the term *vegetarian paleodiet*
will always remain an oxymoron.

Peter