From:
Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:11:12 -0700
There are two stimulants in chocolate.  One is theobromine which (I
think) is a mild cardiovascular stimulant. It is theobromine which
makes chocolate dangerous for dogs.  A small amount could kill a dog.
Phenethylamine is a stimulant that affects mood.   Chocolate makes me
breakout like a teenager even though the medical community claims it
doesn't cause acne.  But, they are the same people who promote
'healthy' whole grains.