Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:31:45 -0600
When one is deficient in one hormone, chances are there is a deficiency in
the others.  They act in concert, do they not?  A hormonal cocktail should
be given to "balance out" the whole......  HRT, taken properly, in the best
dose for the patient can enhance and benefit, but the entire endocrine
system must be checked first.... It is our responsibility to be informed and
take responsibility for our own health.  It doesn't take a degree in
pharmacology or medicine to ask the right questions of a doctor.....  To
take a pill without question is foolish IMO.

In addressing the woman's issue and HRT, many young(20's & 30's) women have
had to undergo a hysterectomy for whatever reason and are at the mercy of a
pill or two on a daily basis.  Without it they are subject to the ravages of
premature aging and all the symptoms. i.e. bone loss, skin elasticity, eye
sight, fat gain, all endocrine related.....  JMO, Oliva