From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:49:59 -0600
KATHRYN P ROSENTHAL wrote:

> So, what do you advise me to do when looking for raw veg?  When the local farmers market closes down and I'm stuck with hunting and gathering in the grocery store, should I buy frozen veg, thaw them and eat them without cooking?  Would that be more nutritous than grocery store "fresh" produce?

Frozen is just not the same.  It has lost a lot of life force.  Just compare the
frozen thawed green bean with a good fresh green bean.  There is more to food
that just vitamins, minerals and carbos or what-have-you.  My solution is to shop
at the health food store and buy veggies that look *good*, not wilted, dull, or
stale.  Sometimes the veggies just gleam.  That's good stuff.  So what if you
pay twice as much for it.  It's still a small amount of money.

Lynnet