From:
Karine Bauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:41:04 -0600
Hi Ro,

Welcome to the list!  I want to encourage you with my own story.  I started
his WOE on Jan 1 and have lost 19 pounds so far.  You mentioned having
arthritis, sinus and sleep problems and GERD.  My mom and sister are also
paleo now and we have all had success with these same problems.  My mother
has cut her arthritis medication in half and plans to wean herself off of it
due to reduction in pain.  She has also had no need for her GERD meds since
the GERD has disappeared, as did mine.  We all sleep better and have clear
sinuses for the first time in our lives!  As far as weight loss, we couldn't
be more pleased.  We are never hungry, don't have to weigh or measure
anything (like with the Zone) and have lost our emotional attachment for
food.  All cravings and depression are gone too.

If you really want to see results, though, I recommend that you go all the
way with this WOE.  If you have to tell yourself that you will only do it
for 1 week, then do that.  But REALLY do it that week and see for yourself
how good you can feel!  It becomes "addictive" in its own way!  I have never
had this kind of ease in weight loss until I stopped dairy completely.

Another word of caution:  go easy on the nuts.  At 2 weeks into this I
bought a 5 pound bag of almonds and ate some everyday.  My weight loss
pretty much stopped until they were gone 3 weeks later!  Now, it's really
flying!  I'll eat nuts with abandon when I have reached my goal weight,
someday.

Keep it up, Ro!  You'll do great!

Karine

, like crippling arthritis, sleep, sinus, GERD,