Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 05:55:34 -0800
What is the paleo view of colonics (cleansing the colon), colemas, juice
fasting, mercury toxicity and other heavy metal toxicity, enemas, colon
hydrotherapy, colon massage, and so forth.

I am also on an intestinal health list which emphasizes these things a lot.
How valuble/necessary are they?

One other question, my son is on a pemmican diet, with the addition of one
or two servings of lightly steamed veggies per day. What if any vit/mineral
supplement would he be likely to need? I have read that people who have
inflamed intestinal mucosa may need a B12 shot to restore the mucosa. How
would I know if this is necessary?  Also, many people on the intestinal
health list recommend supplements such as L-Glutamine to restore the mucosa.
Are such supplements necessary, or will the mucosa heal itself over time?

Also, does anyone have any comments on soil based organisms? Some parents
with autistic/dysbiotic kids report that SBOs help to clean out bad bacteria
and yeast organisms.

One of the main benefits of the paleo diet I have noticed is that my son's
abdomen is no longer swollen, he used to have a swollen abdominal region,
this is gone!!! thanks to paleo and Neanderthin!!

Moira