From:
Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:16:32 +0930
"JoAnn Betten [log in to unmask] [kteee/Paleo]" wrote:

> > I am not expecting miracles from a paleo diet
>
> well, then you're in for a surprise, because it can (and does) do miracles.

It could be argued that it already has. Within the first week, my angina (chest pain from heart disease) dropped to half the level I have been experiencing for *years*. There was a threefold change though, (medication, attitude, and diet) so its hard to say how much of which change has had what effect, but I am certain the diet is a *significant* factor. I am now doing a short exercise walk every day. This is the first time in probably 5 years that I have been able to do this.

> OK, here's the short answer, as to what paleo is, it is so simple, i could
> write it on an index card....in fact, i often do, and give it to people who
> ask.  i've already given away numerous copies of the book but now i just
> give them the short form and tell them to buy the book.
>
> EAT- meat, fish, eggs, chicken, turkey, nuts (but not cashews or peanuts),
> olive oil, fruits, vegetables (but not corn or beans)
> DON'T EAT- dairy products, grains, sugar, vegetable oils
>
> see?  it's simple.

Yup, it is. That is exactly what I am sticking to. I am not attempting the low-carb, (low fruit) idea. I understand that paleo will *tend* to be lower in carbs anyway.

Thanks, and by for now,
Jim.