From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:10:03 -0600
>Now, class, if we combine the news about the hormone ghrelin, that makes
>you hungry, with the calorie reduction for long life discussion, what do we
>get? Within a few years people will be taking a drug to suppress ghrelin so
>they can do the CRON thing free from the nagging hunger.  Is that good?

My first thought was that this will make stomach stapling get a USDA seal of
approval no matter WHAT the story's authors had to say.  'Mrrka (that's how
George Dubya Bush pernounces it) is driven by instant gratification.

But, in all honesty, if some pill DID help hunger drop, I'm not saying it's
a bad thing in and of itself.  The problem is that instead of eating what
they should and taking a pill to help things along, people will just eat
crap and take the pills do all their work for them.  Like I said, instant
gratification...

Dori Zook
Denver, CO