Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 20:06:18 -0400
Keith Thomas wrote:
> Thanks very much, William.
>
> Can I press you a little further? What about quantities?
>
> No need to be scientifically precise in terms of calories per day but can
> you give us an indication of lbs/kg meat per day?
>
> Incidentally, Ori Hoeffmekler, in his book "The Warrior Diet" advocated a
> single large meal per day to be taken in the evening. His meals were based
> on the diet of Roman soldiers; they were not Paleo.

400 grams of thawed ground beef plus 133.3 grams of tallow, will eat
about a pound of that per day, no egg. Recently with burger veg it's
less, maybe 3/4 of the fat meat.
When it's pemmican I don't measure and it must be about 1 cup plus some
eggs.

Is there an online source for the diet of Roman soldiers?

William