Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:16:12 -0800
Katrina,

Regarding being cold, I'd try an experiment wherein next time you do have
meat, such as lamb, try eating as much of the fat as you can, and see if
you're warmer later. My metabolism seems to kick in with animal fats. I'm
hypothyroid too. The other thing I'd suggest is making sure you're on a
thyroid hormone that has some t3 in it, not just t4, the inactive form of
thyroid your body has to convert before it uses. Synthroid is all t4, Armour
is a blend and so is Thyrolar. Cytomel is all t3 and there's a specific
regimen for "Wilson's Syndrome" - a variety of thyroid issue, wherein you
build up on it and then back off on it. This helped warm me but I was never
able to handle all t3. Armour works pretty well instead.

CB