From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:26:24 -0800
>>> I've found that what suits me best is all meat (3/4 lb
>>> chicken breast or porkloin) as the first meal of the day *right* after
>>> weighlifting; and then adding carbs (veggies, some fruit) in the
>>> midmorning meal.
>
>If I wait too long (like 30 minutes) after heavy weightlifting
>without getting some protein and fat into my system
>I start to feel depleted and tired. Since I drive to the gym I
>take a container of meat with me to munch on on the way home.
>

>Philip Thrift
>http://www.paleofitness.com

        I have experimented with myself and every time I eat a large quantity of
red meat following a workout I experience very little to no post workout
soreness(this the case the majority of the time) or lethargy for days
following. I eat a high carb meal and bam I can hardly walk for a couple of
days and have very little energy.

Dave