From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 18:54:11 -0700
--- Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I think that the concept of "safe" can be fairly
relative. A lot of people ingest daily a substance
that it well known to be hepatotoxic, and which kills
many, many people every year, basically because it has
some of the same relaxing effects that kava-kava is
supposed to have. I don't think it's realistic to
consider herbs to be 100% safe as they have many
ingredients that are somewhat equivalent to regular
pharmaceuticals (if they contain real ingredients, of
course).