From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:16:03 -0500
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 01:59:31 -0600, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The reason that Mad Cow is publicized the way it is is to promote more
>profitable foods

I can't agree with this.
The most profitable food is the expensive mass-produced meat.
The profit is optimized by minimizing the caretaking and animals and feed.
BSE/Mad Cow let the market break down and stoped profit for some time.
Unless our countries are not forced to pay for mass slaughtering and
disposal of 100thousands of now useless or unprofitable cattle.

However, now farmers and producers of pigs, poultry, fish, wild game profit.
People even want to buy crocodile steak in the buther shop.

>( hint, you should worry more about lightning).
Hint, you should worry more about the beef fat then about mad beef brains.

Beef fat actually kills millions of people, as far as it is involved in CHD
diseases. BSE killed 100 persons (so far).

>... Kellogg Foundation ....
>
>None of this has anything to do with eating a healthy diet.  It has to do
>with marketing.

Marketing Cornflakes?

I see it as an advantage to less finance the food production industry.
They get their money mostly for spoiling food (preservating, extracting).
A pound of spelt from the farmer needs no industry and have even less
parties involved than meat in the supermarket.
Does this Kellog insist on Cornflakes, or are barley sprouts ok?

> Ask yourself - what is the product?  That a paleo diet
>consists of low-margin foods has greatly reduced my ability to market
>"NeanderThin".   No shakes, no snack bars, no supplements, no endorsements
>from "Health Food" magazines - what's a budding diet guru to do?

If I were McDonalds or from the Meat Farmers Organization, then I would be
thinking about sponsoring and promoting your book, really.
Alone in germany 15 millions cows waiting for customers... (longer now)

Amadeus S.