From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:19:10 EST
In a message dated 11/5/2001 4:59:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Still cholesterol levels in the blood are the strongest *indicator* for
> heart disease to come. These are not directly related to colesterol intake
> (most is body made).
> But cholesterol levels *are* strongly related to intake of animal fat.
> Because this usually is from farmed animals and very unfavourable
> in it's composition,

Amadeus, you are incorrect about this.  The amount of cholesterol in red meat
does not vary depending on whether the animal was grain fed or grass fed.
studies in there), and also "The Paleolithic Prescription" by Boyd Eton, et
al.

Paleolithic people ate a very high cholesterol diet (ref Boyd Eton,
"Paleolithic Prescription").  Dietary cholesterol does not raise blood
cholesterol--in fact it is the contrary (ref Sally Fallon and "The
Schwarzbein Principle" by Diane Schwarzbein).  Mother's milk is extremely
high in cholesterol--cholesterol is a dietary essential for humans.

In fact, NOT eating enough dietary cholesterol is the cause of high blood
cholesterol!  When we don't take in enough dietary cholesterol, our bodies
begin to manufacture it, and when this happens the control mechanisms are
sidestepped.  That's how blood cholesterol rises out of control.  You MUST
eat cholesterol to keep your cholesterol low!  (See "The Schwarzbein
Principle.)

I have seen this in action.  My boyfriend and I have eggs almost every
morning.  I usually cook six eggs (with yolk)--I estimate he eats 2/3 of
that.  He also eats a pound or two of red meat every day.  He had blood work
done recently, and his cholesterol was 184.  Also, his blood pressure has
dropped dramatically since starting the paleolithic diet.

     - Sheryl