From:
Gary Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:55:26 EST
Amanda wrote
>Does all vinegar make you sick, or just that from gluten-containing
grains?
>I ask this because apple cider vineagr does not make me ill, whereas white
>vinegar does.

No, only white distilled vinegar.  I have salad almost every day with oil
and wine vinegar with no ill effects.  I didn't think about the cider
vinegar - maybe I can tolerate that.

>try grinding up whole mustard
>seed in a little lemon juice. Tastes pretty good.

I will try - thanks.

Beverle wrote:
>The marvelously hot mustard in Chineses restuarants is just dry
>powdered mustard - comes in a yellow can - mixed with water, wine or
>beer to the consistance desired.

Wow I didn't even think of that stuff.  I love Chinese mustard.  I haven't
been in a Chinese restaurant since I've been on this diet. I used to put
large amounts of it on my food.
Now that might go good with hot dogs!

Cheers all.
Gary