From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:45:46 MDT
Todd wrote

>For me, at
>least, what was causing the weight gain was clearly not "foreign
>proteins"; it was something else.  I don't think my current diet
>is lower in calories.

You're right, your diet is NOT low in calories.  I'm not saying it's high,
but it's certainly not low.

I'm no scientist, but it's obvious that for some people, excess weight has
causes beyond insulin resistance, such as thyroid and pituitary gland
problems.  I look at it this way.  Who cares WHY it works;  IF it works is
all that matters to me!  And I know I can maintain weight on a low-carb
diet, be it paleo or not.  I've done so for about two years now.

In other words, I'm gonna give it a go.  I know you said the list is
complete, but it almost seems to good to be true.  No greens, etc?  No
complaints, just making sure before I give it a go.  The thought of just
meat and a few blueberries or a banana sounds like heaven!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO