From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:33:17 +0000
On Jan 23, 2006, at 1:40 am, michael raiti wrote:

> Ashley,
>
> My experience has been that when I was able to have my
> exercise time in the afternoons  (starting around
> 3:30) I was able to get by fairly easily eating
> relatively little in the morning and mid morning.
> After working out I would not eat for about an hour
> then eat a decent-sized dinner. I was working out 2 or
> 3 times a weeks. I could imagine that I would not be
> too difficult to eat one meal a day if working out
> occured in the later afternoon.   Currently I can only
> find time to workout in the morning before breakfast.
> I think that it is more difficult to hold off eating
> after working out in the morning until dinner time.
> Have you tried working out at 6 am and then not eating
> until 6 pm?
>
> Mike

Well, quite a few times I've trained 7.45-8.45am and then not eaten
until 6 or 7 pm.  I can't say I felt much different on those days
than on days I didn't train early, at least on average.  I find it
easier to train early and go without food all day than wait until in
the evening (like now) and train when I feel like I should be eating.

I've given up training early for the rest of winter though, the cold
and dark don't help and it's difficult to get enough sleep sometimes
so I stay in bed later.

Ashley