From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:26:40 MDT
>I sat there next to my beautiful son, who was raised on my milk, our
>organic
>veggies from our garden, deer from our hill and eggs from our chickens, and
>looked around the sickening cafeteria and the  children who were being
>treated like cattle...

I went to what I lovingly call 'the Podunk Christian Academy', a
3-room,
10-grade schoolhouse (back then, now K-8) with no lunch room; bring
your
own.  What Mom packed was still in good keeping with the SAD, but even
THAT
is better than the frankenfood they serve in school cafeterias.  I'm
sure if
I'd eaten that crap 9 months out of the year for 12 years in a row,
I'd have
easily hit 300 pounds before hitting 30 years of age.  I don't have
any kids
(at least, none that I know about, pa dum, *ch*) but if I do, I'll
become a
lunchpacker extraordinaire.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  I don't mind your 'rant' at all.  Loved it, in fact.