From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:17:09 CDT
I had been excluding berries from my paleo diet b/c the fresh ones in the
produce section were expensive.  Well, I wandered into the frozen foods
section and found some frozen berries (rasberries, blue berries,
blackberries, etc.) that were really cheap and had no added incredients like
high fructose corn syrup and such.

What advantages am I losing by eating frozen berries as opposed to fresh?
Of all the berries, what are considered the most healthful - I've heard blue
berries?  And, what berry is the lowest on the glycemic index?  (BTW, if
anyone has a link to a table that lists fruits on a glycemic index, I'd love
to see it.)

I've found that the sweet taste of the berries quenches my sweet tooth.
Previously, about every 3rd day, I'd have to tear into chocolates - but now
I've found that the berries actually do a better job b/c they are sweeter,
far lower in calories, and provide more satiety than a couple candy bars.
Not to mention all the fiber, phytonutrients, bioflavinoids, and other
antioxidants that are a big bonus when one considers these actually taste
good.

Justin Hasselman