From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:02:57 -0600
It will be interesting to see what, if anything, the American Heart
Association has to say about this.  They recommend margarine and curse
butter.  They're virtually in bed with frankenfat manufacturers.  I'd have
to double-check, but I think they recommend vegetable shortening.  This,
also, contains trans fats, no?

But don't even they admit that saturated fat IS a required nutrient?  If
that's the case, it'll be hilarious to see where they think you should get
it.  Dollars to donuts, it'll be from plant sources.  It'll be a cold day in
hell before the AHA tells you to chew on a steak.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO