From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:09:50 -0500
On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 08:45:00 -0500, Cooley, Brad
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> How do you explain the Inuit, plains indians, etc that ate a
> predominantly meat-based diet? Maybe they lost their way and simply
> ignored all the fruit  trees in favor of hunting animals.  Ever had a
> frozen orange in the arctic?
>
> Even paleo tribes nearer in the tropics such as the Pygmies and Yanomamo
> ate mostly meat.

I can't speak for the original poster, but the Inuit, Plains Indians,
Pygmies, and Yanomamo are all examples of modern man.  When I think of our
paleo ancestors, I think back before recorded history.  Whatever our
ancestors did a million years ago has long since faded from the memory of
even the most primitive modern humans.

As to the "fruit in winter" issue, remember that modern humans first
appeared in Africa, in tropical climates.  Winter wasn't the issue it is
in temperate climates, and there was fruit (and eggs and insects) all year.

--
   Robert Kesterson