From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 04:53:49 +0000
>Can anyone tell me what is the fastest way to lose weight whilst following a
>paleo regime? Is it best to eat meat and only meat, meat with only green
>leafy vegetables? or meat with a combination of different vegetables and
>possibly some fruit. Also is it possible to lose purely with the diet or
>will I need to incorporate exercise as well. I am desperate to lose around
>10lbs by Christmas Eve and would like some help on the best way to go about
>this.
>
>If it is purely by eating meat should this meat be fatty like beef or lean
>like venison? Does eating only when hungry play a part in this also? It is
>advisable to use herbs and spices and things like coconut milk or to totally
>abstain from these for the best results. Will eggs be ok to eat if going
>strictly meat only?
>
>Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Cairo

Firstly, ten pounds of real bodyweight in a months is an awful lot to lose
while remaining healthy. But, if you are currently eating a lot of carbs
and starchy veggies, and you stop, you will lose a lot of water weight, and
that will certainly skew the results in your favor:)

My choice would be meats and non-starchy vegetables, a limited amount of
fruit, and plenty of fats and eggs, and all the spice you need to keep
yourself from feeling deprived. Eat when hungry, with emphasis on a large
breakfast and not much food within a few hours of bedtime. Exercise will
help, but don't try a regime that is too hard or different. This is not
about suffering; it's about starting a lifestyle which will last, with
variations, for the rest of your life. Some walking, dancing, or anything
else fun and natural, and not overdone, should help your metabolism speed
up without trashing yourself. Do not starve yourself; do not let your blood
sugar get low, and DO eat brerakfast. Good luck!

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!