Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:10:16 -0500
There is a book, "Dr Bernstein's Diabetic Solution" written by a type 1
diabetic (Dr Bernstein). I have read some part of it, but not all, so
can NOT recommend it from personal experience (one day I'll find the time
to finish it). However, protein power's Eades appears to recommend it.
You may want to look into it (it does appear to be roughly what you are
looking for - a restricted carb diet, designed to lower the need for
insulin in type I diabetics, and reduce the side effects of a dose that
off the mark). The author has lived a rather long life without complications
once he has refined his methods/procedures/diet/etc. He is still practicing.
If I remember correctly, he charges about $2,000 for the consultation, which
lasts a full day.

Ilya