From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 10:07:11 -0700
I've been noticing some intersting reactions to non
paleo foods.  When I eat wheat, The top of my throat
swells and feels gummy.  Any grain, even a small
amount, will give me soft stools, even a little
diahrrea.  Uncultured milk, even a little in my tea,
or any grain, will give me gas.  I never have gas
otherwise; -prepaleo I had it a lot.  Grains and sugar
leave a metallic taste in my mouth that toothbrushing
doesn't seem to remove.  I've also noticed a
decreasing tolerance for sugar.  If I indulge in a
sweet, it tastes good for about two bites, then tastes
disgustingly sweet and gives me a sour stomach.  I've
been eating paleo for almost two years now, but this
is the first time I've had this reaction.  I recently
started eating wild greens; for some reason I
associate this with the change in my sweet tooth.  I
find that I crave chocolate and the craving is
satisfied when I eat it, but I find myself wishing it
were not so sweet.