From:
The Scarlet Wombat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:03:51 -0500
Among several of the native groups of Alaska, including the Inuit, the
Inupiac and the Athabaskan, bear liver, including polar bear liver, is
delicacy, awarded to the principal hunter who brings down the animal.
This
according to my wife, who lived there for 17 years.

The hunter took the liver and ate of it, hot and steaming, from the
fresh
kill.  It may be paleo, but it rather leaves me...not hungry.

Dan Graham