From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:47:44 -0800
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:54:13 -0700 Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> At 03:28 PM 3/8/01 -0600, Oliva wrote:
> >Okay, I feel slighted. Where's the Cherokee????  LOL!   Oliva
> >

> I didn't think they were considered plains--weren't they in the
> southeastern area?  Blue Ridge Mountain area or there abouts?

My Grandmother on my Mothers side was full blooded Cherokee.  They
resided in Texas and she eventually moved to Washington State in the
1930's   She belonged to a reservation for a while until she was
ostracized for marrying an Irish man.   Myself and my children all have
access to government funds for school, among other things.  We don't use
it, it should be used by those who really need it.  Just thought I'd pass
on some interesting family history.  My fathers family history is even
more interesting.  Fleeing Germany so as not to fight in the war, for
they didn't believe in what Hitler was doing. Changing names so no one
knew they were German.  Damn, I should write book!  LOL
Trish

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover, You May Be Missing Out On A Great
Story.....

Since The Unborn Can't Speak For Themselves, We Need To Speak For Them.